My very first experience of the Light of Jesus Family was actually through the Kerygma Conference so many years ago. I was a volunteer. While I was unsuspectingly covering the plenary talks with my friends, little did I know that this too, would launch my own personal journey as a photographer.
Back then, I was so focused and engrossed at capturing the moments, it felt like I shut off all of my other senses, as I got mesmerized with… the lights, and the cameras, and the action.
I was so focused on the task. I missed out on the Cross.
This year is different. 🙂
I thought I wouldn’t be able to go for the conference whose title was “Committed” since I’ve got some schedules marked a long time ago for the same weekend. I didn’t even get a ticket. It seemed, I deliberately decided that I’m not going, so to speak. Hehe – the irony!
And yet, as the weeks lead to the conference, my previous engagements miraculously started to clear. Before I knew it, it became wide open! Got my ticket online ( Whew so efficient!) and just printed it on the night before the conference. *Photo-finish!* I was so amazed at how, this conference is also tech and innovation powered making it easy for people to just come. Oh, I forgot to mention, this is loving-people-powered too, because thousands of loving volunteers served one another at the conference.
All four glorious days were now available, for the Lord. Hehehe. I just couldn’t outrun Him. He was committed to make me committed.
The KCon is an annual event of the LOJ community. It’s like the olympics of all the weekly Feasts that happens all over the Philippines. But what’s nice about this is, you get to take classes and flex your muscles for growth through, 9 different talks of your choice in addition to powerful plenary talks. These are just five areas where we can practice living with excellence, and the Kerygma Conference has it: Business, Leadership, Church and Ministry, Family and Relationships, Health and Wellness.
These classes build skills, but more importantly, they build people.
I have seen the SMX transform into various events and occasions like bridal fairs, food fairs, toy cons, furniture and interior design expos, Graphika Manila, MAFBEX, WOFEX, Christmas bazaars and more. But the KCon, has it’s own spectrum. I don’t even know how to properly describe it. Well lemme try..,
it’s a learning… and unlearning…and relearning event.
Hmm. Still can’t do it any justice. 🙂 You’ve gotta experience it for yourself.
Anyway the volunteers (aka servants, servant-leaders), have the chance to experience serving new and first time attendees, while serving those who have been serving them as well. Yes, leaders, preachers, and builders sat in the classes as well. It was touching to see and to know that everyone out there, was committed to learn and to grow.
When you grow yourself, in time, you will get to allow others to grow as well.
And that’s what the “KCON” does.
Here are my TOP TEN take-home messages from the KCON. 🙂
1. “Jesus already knows your mess and he calls you none the less to follow him. “ Chris Padget, Plenary Talk
2. “Outcome is God’s responsibility, Obedience is ours.” Velden Lim, Plenary Talk
3. “Don’t Commit to the Task, Commit to God.” – Bro Eng Si, Plenary Talk
4. “Do not lose the lesson even if you have lost.” Francis Kong, Leadership Stream
5. “Wake up early, and help people. “ – Edward Lee, Plenary Talk
6. “We are in the position where we can pull people up with us… that is our business.” Rex Mendoza, Plenary Talk
7. “There will never be enough time, but it is always your choice on how to use it.” – Jonathan Yabut, Business Stream
8. “Content is King but Consistency is Queen” – Karen Pacia, Business Stream
9. “The most beautiful eyes are those that see good in others.” Luigi Mapa, Leadership Stream
10. “God keeps the best for last. Will you stay long enough for the better wine?” – Bro. Bo Sanchez, Plenary Talk
Bro. Bo Sanchez
Fr. Jeffrey Quintela
These are the wonderful people of Feast Greenhills and Feast Ortigas Galleria whom we got to serve with. In this photo is one of the speakers at the KCON Wellness Stream, Dr. Romy Paredes
Photos from this post come from the DAY 3 of the Kerygma Conference, Health and Wellness Stream. More photos are also at www.facebook.com/feastortigasgalleria
For more information about the Kerygma Conference, please come to: http://kerygmaconference.com/2017/